Saturday 17 May 2014

Half Square Triangle - HST

At the moment I am teaching 3 beginners patchwork classes in one day - I do like a challenge!

I teach all my beginners how to make half square triangles (HST). They are the most versatile building block in patchwork and lead easily to lots of different designs.

I thought I would collate some fabulous quilts made using HST as their base unit as inspiration for all those new to HST!

From Red Pepper Quilts
Love the mix of solid colour and bright patterns!

From Sew Katie Did
This quilt is a wonderful mix of HST in solid colour, no plan just go for it!

From The Cottage Mama

Love the mix of colour and the geometric shape.

From Quilt Addict
These stars are so lovely!

From Freshly Pieced
This scrappy HST quilt is divine!

Hope you find this gorgeous collection of quilts just as inspiring as I do!



1 comment:

  1. My first attempt at HSTs was not too successful as I ended up with bulky seams at the intersections. Do you press your diagonal seams open or to the side?

    ReplyDelete