Friday 24 January 2014

Sewing Together

This week has been a wonderful week for sewing!

Brickwall Cushion for Patchwork Class.

For the first time in a long time I have managed to get some patchwork done and not just that I actually got to sit and sew with some amazing people!

My day job is encouraging people to work together, to build friendships and skills whilst sewing. But I find that I often spend my time alone sewing. Sewing in my studio or sitting watching TV with the boys...

Which is why I decided, along with Sonia from Fabric and Flowers, Modern Quilt Guild Chapter in Gloucestershire. This week we had 2 wonderful meetings: a sewing day on Monday and an evening meet last night.

It is such great fun to be in a room with fellow fabric addicts working on our own projects, sharing ideas and chatting about life in general.

As a guild we are new and we are looking for new members who would like to meet other quilters of all levels. Everyone in the group enjoys sewing and quilting, and we all work at our own skills level. Chatting and sharing our projects helps everyone to build their skills and builds new friendships.

So if you fancy meeting other fabric addicts, learning new skills and sharing some cake email Gloucestermqg@btinternet.com for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment